Saturday, June 18, 2011

Reason #142 Why I Love My Husband

He tears up at the same country music lyrics that I do.

Loves lost, parents letting go, loved ones dying, or “our” song about broken roads leading us to one another – my strong, capable, masculine provider/protector holds a deep well of emotion. Over lunch today I told him about the most recent song that choked me up – he hadn’t heard it - and before I finished saying the title, he’d teared up, too.

Oh, the comfort of being in a relationship where we both feel things deeply, and are OK with that, something so elemental it has no number on a list.

Dry eye music check: Justin Moore’s, If heaven wasn’t so far away

Dry eye music dare: k.d. lang’s Hallelujah
This song creates a miraculous state of love, longing, sadness, awe and joy, all of which make you happy as the tears run down your face. We saw k.d. lang a year or two ago, opening for Lyle Lovett (there is no better musical pairing - ever), and the music coursed through both of us. His tear-streaked face when it was over is one of my favorite memories, and is embedded in the emotion evoked when I hear it now.

Justin Moore’s video is at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55GAUgjpDQA
A live version of k.d. lang’s Hallelujah is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment